As you may know I have a reaction every time I have coffee and so now have sworn to not have it for a very long time (never say never). So to fill that void of a comforting warm cup of Jo, I have found the wonderful Kickstart formula by Harmonic Arts made on Vancouver Island which is pretty awesome!! Kickstart has a medley of cacao, chaga mushroom, maca, dandelion root and more! I was skeptical but it is actually much tastier than other coffee subs I have tried.
Here I wanted to share my favourite way of enjoying this magical coffee replacement when I have some extra time, this is also good to replace a traditional hot chocolate, or make it a latte by adding more heated frothy almond milk!
- 2-3 dates with pits removed ( I like these ones pictured the best, found them at fairways if you’re in victoria)
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup of organic unsweetened almond milk or nondairy milk
- 1 tsp organic virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp organic cinnamon
- 2 tsp of kickstart by harmonic arts
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1.5-2 cups of boiled water